Saturday, April 20, 2013

Stealing is wrong people!!

I. Am. Never. Leaving. My. House. Again.

Well, today, I had to go to the local High School and take a Work Keys test for a certificate program thingy. I did quite well. I don't have a cell phone, so I had to walk over to an office and borrow the phone to call my mom. Well... the phone call made me cry.

My mom had just gotten home, and discovered that we had been robbed. She said she'd call and have my grandma come pick me up. I went out into the front of the school building, and paced, cried, and prayed in the cold and wind while I waited for my grandma's car to pull up.

She dropped me off at the house, and I ran inside. I saw that my laptop, which had been sitting on a table in the living room, was gone, as well as my 3DS, which I had just bought myself for my birthday. I went to my room to see what else was gone.

Two laptops that my mom owned, a flat screen from my dad's room, remotes to it, my Xbox 360, the controllers, MK vs DC, and Assassin's Creed, 1, 2, Brotherhood, and Revelation(but not 3 for some reason.)

After listing off what was stolen to the police, I found the box to the 3DS and gave the serial number to him. The police man took a look around, and discovered my dad's tv in the backyard, which means the thieves we're jumping the fence, but weren't able to get the tv in time.

The policeman called for someone to check for fingerprints, but no luck. My mom found the box to the 360, so we gave the serial number for that as well.

The police left, and my mom blamed herself for leaving the door open, and we suspect that it might be someone we know, because the dog didn't bark at them, or maybe they brought him snacks. A little later though, my mom was trying to shut and lock the back door, but found it difficult. I gave it a try and discovered that the door had been broken into, meaning they didn't just walk in because we were careless, they broke in.

Well.. either way.. I lost over $1500 dollars worth of stuff($2000~ total for the family.) We bought and replaced a bunch of stuff, but I'm still really upset... and I'm not leaving this house ever again...

1 comment:

  1. I'd send those serial numbers to the local pawn shops nearby more often then not those types of items end up there. Yea the police are suppose to pass those numbers along to them but it can take up to a week and by then the item could be bought and resold. Dutch

    ReplyDelete